Monday, October 15, 2012

Katie's Week 1, Day 1

So today is Day 1 on my 3 Day Military Diet journey.  I woke up and winced as I stepped on the scale to have an accurate starting weight to see if this diet actually works or not!  It was pretty much where I expected it to be but excited and anxious to see my results over the next few days.  This diet claims you can lose as much as 10 lbs in 3 days and up to 40 lbs in a month doing 3 days on and 4 days off until you achieve your goal weight. I'm hoping for 6 - 8 lbs over the next 2 weeks but obviously I'll take more if it comes my way.
Sarah and I often chat on the phone during our morning or evening commutes. I was asking her this morning if she remembered reading anything about when to eat each meal and there wasn't really anything we could recall. I'm more of a grazer and if you watch Dr. Oz, you have to consistently eat throughout the day to keep your metabolism burning!  But with that said, I had breakfast at 9AM and lunch at 12:30PM lol  It's sooo little food that once I started eating, it was basically gone before I remembered I wanted to save some for later.
For dinner, I had to spread it out a little because I forgot that I had a 5PM - 7PM meeting at work (note for tomorrow: check work schedule prior to packing lunch in case you also need to pack dinner!).  I work for the online grocer, FreshDirect and I'm lucky to have fresh fruit provided to me each day.  For some odd reason today, of all days, we didn't have any bananas in the kitchen but we did have apples.  In my quest for a banana, a coworker took pity on me (or maybe he just didn't like the look of his small, spotted banana - see 'The Banana Debate').  I had the banana at 4:30PM and the apple during my meeting around 6PM.  I ate the remainder of my dinner, 1 cup of microwaveable green beans with Lawry's seasoned salt and 4.5 slices of Boar's Head Reduced Sodium Golden Classic Chicken Breast with mustard when I got home a little after 8PM. 
I think the other important thing to note for this diet is lots of water consumption.  For breakfast and lunch, I drank 1/2 bottle of Honest tea's Honey Green Tea. 1 bottle is only 70 calories and coffee or tea is allowed, so this added 35 calories to each meal.  For my water consumption, I filled a 34oz water bottle that I brought to work.  My goal was to drink 2 of those today but I only managed 1.5 or 51oz.  Water definitely helps any time I experienced any hunger pains.  There were lots of bathroom breaks needless to say between lunch at 12:30PM and eating my banana at 4:30PM. lol

Below are a few pics to let you know I'm keeping up my end of the bargain!

So breakfast wasn't so bad but mainly because of the peanut butter.  I loovvvee peanut butter, like eat it out of the jar kind of love.  But this is probably why I'm trying to lose a few lbs in the first place!

  
 Want some?  Grapefruit is still not my cup of tea.  I gave the other half away to a coworker this morning.

 
 In some serious need of Miracle Whip!!  Although, I did not learn I could have mustard until this evening.

Dinner was much more exciting than lunch.  Eating my apple and banana as snacks between lunch and dinner definitely helped with my hunger pains.

Oh my goodness, my cat Lucky went crazy when he smelled the chicken breast.  I tried to catch him in the action but this was the best shot I could get.  He's benefiting from this diet too!


 And this is what I've been waiting for all day long! 1 cup of melt in your mouth Haagen Dazs Vanilla Bean Ice Cream!  Talk about heaven after such a restrictive day mmm mmm mmm



2 comments:

  1. Hi Karah! I’ve been following your progress and hope you did lose those extra pounds? How is it going? I’ve started the 3 Day Military diet last week and boy, it was doable, yet challenging as well. Like you, I had to drink lots of water to stay hydrated. It also relieved much of my hunger pangs which usually occur a few hours before dinner and after 4 pm! Yet, the food selection of the diet is awesome, right? I was also relieved to see that I can change some of the food that I don’t really eat like hotdogs with something healthier – lean chicken. I didn’t mind eating the vanilla ice cream at the end of the day. It was like a reward for being good all day, lol. If you want any other resources you can write about regarding the diet, here’s a great resource page and hope it helps http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/results-reviews/does-the-military-diet-work.html

    ReplyDelete